You may need Millbrae mold testing services if you suspect there is mold growth in your home or business. If you’ve had flooding or plumbing problems, it’s possible that the water permeated areas in your home. If they weren’t completely dried within 24-48 hours, mold will start to grow, and you may not even know it.
Possible Signs of Mold
There are some things that may indicate that mold is growing in your Millbrae home or workplace. Look for any of the following signs:
- Visible mold growth: Look for mold growing in areas that trap moisture or where flooding or leaks have occurred. Of course, if you see it, you know you have it. But you may not know the extent of it. The mold you CAN’T see can be more problematic.
- Smell: Mold that grows outdoors typically has a stale smell. When mold exists indoors, it smells musty and damp. Even if the area where you smell it doesn’t show visible signs of mold, it can be growing behind walls or beneath floors.
- Water intrusion: This category could include excess water due to flooding, leaking roof, sewer backups, pipe leaks or bursts, appliance malfunctions, or overflowing toilets. If you’ve had water issues that weren’t completed remediated within 24 hours, mold may start to grow.
- Bubbling paint: If the paint in your Millbrae bathroom, kitchen, or around windows has a bubbly appearance, it has likely been caused by moisture seeping through it. Where there’s unattended moisture, there is mold growth. Another coat of paint won’t get rid of the problem. You’ll need to get rid of the mold behind it first.
- Health issues: There are many different types of mold; some strains, like Stachybotrys (black mold), can severely impact a person’s health.
Stachybotrys can contain mycotoxins that cause skin, respiratory and other health problems. This is especially true for the very young or very old, and those people who are highly sensitive or with compromised immune systems.
If anyone living or working in the building shows the following signs that are unexplained and won’t relent, it may be the result of mold. Contact your doctor and get a professional mold inspection.
√ Respiratory problems
√ Skin inflammation
√ Irritation of the mucous membranes
√ Damage to internal organs
√ Mental impairment
√ Immune system suppression
Get a Professional Mold Inspection
Don’t wait another day to find out if you have mold growing in your Millbrae home or workplace and how widespread it is. Hire the professionals at Bay Area Mold Pros!
We have the knowledge and equipment to inspect your premises thoroughly. We’ll prepare a complete report that contains details about what we’ve found and recommendations to correct the issues. The inspection and report are both included for one fair price. And you’ll know the cost BEFORE we start!
Don’t risk the health of your family, employees or customers. If you suspect you have mold growth, you probably do. Isn’t it worth it to know the extent of it so you can begin to address it and get peace of mind?