Professional Mold Testing
Mold testing and inspecting the inside of a building and collecting samples should always be done by a professional like Bay Area Mold Pros. This is important for three major reasons:
- We know the areas where mold is most likely to grow and the conditions which are most likely to result in mold growth.
- We have the tools and instruments that can assist us in locating moisture, which is the cause of all mold growth.
- All of our samples are personally delivered to a nationally accredited lab for professional analysis and the production of a very detailed written report.
4 Reasons DIY Kits Are Not Recommended
There are do-it-yourself kits that you can buy at your local hardware or home improvement store to test your home for mold. These kits are relatively inexpensive at $20-$45. You collect samples and send them to a lab for testing, which costs an additional $40-$70 per sample. So why not save a few bucks and test for mold yourself?
- DIY kits only test mold where you know it’s growing. If there are hidden areas of mold growth, it won’t be tested. Bay Area Mold Pros will inspect your property and make specific recommendations about where samples should be collected. Their recommendations are based on over 40 years of experience in the construction industry, and the completion of hundreds of mold inspections.
- You don’t have the expertise to interpret the test results. Most scientific lab results are very technical in nature and not easy for the typical layman to understand. Bay Area Mold Pros delivers an easy-to-read report of all findings. We are also available to answer any questions you may have.
- You may not know how to identify areas that are prone to mold growth to prevent it from growing again. Bay Area Mold Pros inspects and identifies all areas that are susceptible to water intrusion and elevated humidity. Our report provides recommendations for remediating the problems leading to excess moisture and mold growth.
- If you end up needing a professional remediation, the company hired may ask for a set of remediation recommendations. These recommendations are provided with every inspection report prepared by Bay Area Mold Pros.
If you hire Bay Area Mold Pros to do the mold inspection, the results will serve as professional documentation that a mold remediation company will accept and use to rid your home of all dangerous mold growth.
Gathering Mold Samples
Because we perform a thorough inspection up front, Bay Area Mold Pros will make specific recommendations as to where any air or direct samples should be collected. We will collect mold spore samples from the air, or swab samples from surfaces.
If you choose to have us collect air samples, you will receive lab results from two air samples, one of which will be taken from outside your home (taken as a control test), and one of which will be taken from the suspected problem area. We submit the air samples to a certified lab for a scientific analysis of the samples taken.
All results of the lab tests will be included in the detailed written report we deliver to you.
The written report produced by Bay Area Mold Pros will contain an explanation and recommendations regarding the moisture readings and humidity readings found. This report will also contain our visual observations and recommendations regarding the structure itself.
Hire The Experts At Bay Area Mold Pros
If you suspect you may have mold growing in your home, hire the local trusted experts at Bay Area Mold Pros. We will perform a complete inspection and testing and deliver a comprehensive report.
Remember, mold doesn’t stop growing if left untreated. Don’t risk your health or property damage by ignoring it one more day. Contact us to schedule a mold inspection and testing so you can have a safe and healthy home.