Do you suspect you have mold growing in your home or business? You may have noticed a musty smell and can’t trace the source. Or you may have had water leakage problems or excess moisture that wasn’t immediately remedied.
Some Signs that You May Have Mold
There are certain things that may indicate you have mold or that can lead to mold growth. Some of them include:
- Musty Odors. If you start smelling musty odors, it could mean that mold is growing.
- Leaky Pipes. If you’ve had a problem with water pipes leaking, mold may have started to grow before they were repaired.
- Overflowing Toilets. Again, the water from the toilet can quickly result in mold growth.
- Standing Water. If you’ve had flooding that occurred in your building that was not completely remediated in a timely manner, it can result in mold.
- Mold is Visible. Mold can be white, green, gray, brown or black. It may have a furry consistency. If you can actually see it on the surface, there is a strong possibility it’s hidden elsewhere, as well.
- Condensation. If you notice condensation on surfaces, like the inside of window panes, you have excess moisture within your building. Excess moisture quickly leads to mold growth.
- Warped Walls. If you notice a change in the appearance of drywall, plaster, windows, wood trim, flooring, or any other building material, this could be the result of a water intrusion. If this is the case, this water often leads to mold growth.
To summarize, any time there is flooding, excess moisture or standing water, there is a chance that mold is present. The sooner you know it’s there, the sooner you can get it remediated.
Get a Professional Inspection
If you own a home or business in Daly City, and you suspect there is mold growth, it’s wise to get a professional inspection. While you may know mold exists in your building, you won’t know the extent of it.
Only a professional mold inspection company like Bay Area Mold Pros can inspect the property thoroughly. They have the tools and the knowledge to know what to look for and determine the extent and locations where mold is growing.
When Bay Area Mold Pros performs a mold inspection in Daly City, we include the following:
- Exterior inspection to check for moisture or water entering through to the interior of the building. Causes could be improper drainage, faulty or broken roofing and gutters, cracked or broken seals in windows, doors and siding.
- Moisture and humidity readings to determine the level of moisture throughout. Areas that may be inspected during a mold inspection include flooring, drywall, wall and floor tile, basements, garages, and crawl spaces.
- Air samples and/or swab samples from both the exterior of your home and the suspected area of mold growth. These samples will be submitted to a certified lab that will complete the scientific analysis of them.
- A written report explaining details of the inspection and lab results. We will provide recommendations on steps you should take to remediate the situation.
Hire the Local Mold Inspection Experts
Don’t hire just anyone to inspect your Daly City home or business for mold. Bay Area Mold Pros is a locally owned and operated mold inspection company. We maintain several certifications in mold inspection and remediation, and we’re a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau.
You can trust Bay Area Mold Pros to provide you with a complete mold inspection and report for a fair price.