Redwood City Mold Inspection & Testing
We Are A Mold Inspection & Testing Service You Can Trust!
Redwood City mold inspection services from Bay Area Mold Pros is a flat fee service that will let you know if you require mold remediation services. Since we ONLY offer mold inspection and testing you can be confident that there is no conflict of interest with us. We won't use the testing results as a way to "up sell" you on remediation services.
Do You Have Mold Inside Your Redwood City Home or Business?
Mold needs moist and damp conditions in order to thrive. Have you had any type of water intrusion (plumbing leaks, flooding, roof leaks, etc.)? If so, did you get all water cleaned up and the contents thoroughly dried out within 24-48 hours? If the answer to that last question is NO, you may have mold growing inside your home or workplace.
Preventing Mold Growth Can Save You Future Headaches. (Literally)
An ounce of prevention, right? There are some ways you can prevent mold from growing inside your Redwood City premises in the first place.
- Proper ventilation. Areas where moisture and humidity tend to be high should have vents or exhaust fans to pull the moisture to the outside. These areas include bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
- Dehumidifiers. Set up and run a dehumidifier to absorb excess indoor moisture, especially when the weather outside is rainy or humid. You’ll be surprised how much water it captures.
- HVAC system. Running your furnace in cold weather and air conditioning when it’s hot will help to maintain a more consistent humidity.
- Leaks. Areas like under the kitchen and bathroom sinks, refrigerator ice makers, and toilets should be monitored for leaks. Your roof should be inspected, as well as the gutters and downspouts for proper drainage. Repair any problems you find immediately.
- Insulation. If you notice condensation on exterior walls, floors or windows, adding insulation and replacing old single-pane windows with modern dual-pane windows can help to reduce condensation.
- Immediate action. If you experience a water intrusion, get it repaired and dried immediately. Mold may start to grow within 24 hours if damp conditions remain.
Preventing Mold Didn't Work. What Do I Do Now?
Maybe you did everything possible to prevent the growth of mold in your Redwood City home or workplace. Then the worst happens: you have a flood, burst pipes, sewer backup or malfunctioning sump pump. Water’s everywhere and it’s all you can do to keep up with the drying effort.
You think you got it all cleaned and dried. A few days later, you start noticing signs that you may have mold growing. These signs could include:
- You smell a musty odor
- Your wallpaper or paint is peeling or bubbly
- The grout between your bathroom or kitchen tiles is dark
- You’re experiencing cold-like symptoms that won’t go away
- You see dark spots or actual mold growing on your walls
- Your asthma gets worse without explanation
- You get a rash, or your skin feels itchy
- Your “seasonal” allergies don’t go away
- Unexplained fatigue
If you have any or all these signs, it’s time to call in the professionals for a thorough mold inspection.
Call Bay Area Mold Pros to Inspect Your Home or Business for Mold
Get the professional help you need to inspect your home for the existence of mold growth. We have the tools and expertise to know where mold is likely to grow
We will pinpoint all areas where we discover mold growing and document our findings in a detailed report. The report will also contain recommendations for re-mediating the mold in your Redwood City home or commercial building.
Don’t wait another day and put your family or employees at risk of developing health issues from exposure to mold.